Heating and cooling costs more money than any other system in your home as it consumes more energy while making up about 40% of your overall utility bill. Meanwhile, you can increase your comfort and save money by making the simple and low-cost improvements as described below, no matter what kind of heating and cooling system you have in your home.
- Seal air leaks around doors, windows, especially in those places where wires and pipes come through the walls. Caulk and weatherstrip that leak air.
- Install the switch plates on exterior walls and rubber gaskets behind the outlet.
- Once or twice in a season try to eliminate the trapped air from hot water radiators, contact a professional if you are unaware about how to perform the task.
- After you are done with cooking or bathing – turn off bath, kitchen and other exhaust fans. Also consider installing low noise, high-efficiency models of exhaust fans when replacing them.
- Once in a month clean or replace your furnace air filters. Get your furnace serviced professionally before each heating season to ensure it is operating efficiently and more importantly safely.
- You can save up to 30 to 40% in operating costs by replacing or upgrading your older units to the energy- efficient products.
- Make sure your air conditioner’s condenser-compressor is shaded by a fence, building or plantings.
- You can save hundred of dollars by professionally assessing your home. A professional assessment with special equipments like infrared cameras and blower doors might be helpful in lowering your Heating and Cooling Costs.
- In order to save 10% on your heating bill try to lower your thermostat from 72 degrees to 65 degrees for eight hours a day. Or you can switch to the thermostat to do it automatically.
- During the day keep your window curtains closed to block the heat it will allow your air conditioner to use less energy.
- You can also cover your patio doors or windows with plastic film. By doing this you’re more likely to save about 14 percent on your heating film. One of the most notable benefit of this transparent film is that, it is not much expensive. The plastic is simple to put on and won’t damage your doors or window quality when you rip off.
We hope that these simple tips can help you to save a significant amount on your utility bill. To learn more tips about Air Conditioning savings, contact the licensed technicians at www.coolexpresshvac.com We are proud to serve customers in Palm Beach, Broward, Martin and St. Lucie Counties.
You must be <a href="http://coolexpresshvac.com/wp-login.php?redirect_to=http%3A%2F%2Fcoolexpresshvac.com%2Freduce-home-heating-cooling-costs%2F">logged in</a> to post a comment.