We all love our pets and we treat them as a part of our family. If you have pets in your home, they can create a big impact on the HVAC system. Pet dander or hairs accumulate inside of your air conditioning, heating or ventilation systems, forcing the allergens to be spread throughout your home. This can deteriorate your indoor air quality and also bring about several health conditions, including watery eyes, sneezing and coughing.
Pet hair allergies and problems:
Dander and pet hairs can cause you some serious issues. You may suffer with respiratory illness along with allergic reactions. Pet hairs can also make your HVAC system less by clogging your air filters. A little mixture of hair and dander blows through the system whenever the air conditioner or heater turns on and your family ends up breathing it in.
Following are a few guidelines that you should consider as a pet owner to improve the air quality of your home.
- Be sure to change or clean your air filters more frequently than is recommended by the manufacturer if you have pets living inside of your home. If you have multiple pets, you need to change filters more often than a home having single pet.
- Consider changing to high-efficiency filters (if you are using standard air filters) which can remove smaller dander particles.
- You may start to see your energy bill rising if you leave your pets dirty or uncleaned. By bathing and brushing your pets regularly, you can reduce the amount of hair and dander.
- You can also purchase an air purifier which can help to remove pet hairs, pollens, dander and other particles from the air.
- Dust and pet dander can quickly build up if the ducts in your house are not properly sealed. You can prevent this debris growth by sealing your HVAC ducts. This can also improve the overall air quality in your home.
- Last but not the least, you need to schedule regular maintenance in order to keep your HVAC system working properly. This will not only improve your indoor air quality, but it will also extend the life of your HVAC system dramatically.
A licensed HVAC technician from www.coolexpresshvac.com can help you for all your Hvac maintenance and repair needs. We are proud to serve customers in Palm Beach, Broward, Martin and St. Lucie Counties. If you have to move indoor air quality concerns, feel free to contact us anytime.
You must be <a href="http://coolexpresshvac.com/wp-login.php?redirect_to=http%3A%2F%2Fcoolexpresshvac.com%2Fpet-hair-affects-hvac-system%2F">logged in</a> to post a comment.